We have a vacancy for a patrol officer position. Preference may be given to currently certified applicants. Pay for this position will range from $33,000 (non-certified) to $36,000 (certified)
The Town of Springdale offers an excellent benefits package including perks such as a take home car (20 mile limit, but may be waived) and paying the employee’s portion of health insurance.
- Enforces the laws of the state of South Carolina, municipal codes of the Town of Springdale and federal laws as they apply; patrols city streets, parks, and commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace and enforce the law; and builds rapport with residents, businesses and community groups by attending neighborhood crime watch meetings.
- Responds to calls for service and reports findings; takes appropriate actions to resolve issues; patrols assigned area; assists with crime scene security and processing; conducts follow-up investigations; and supports prosecution of criminal cases.
- Makes court appearances; serves warrants/subpoenas; processes items into property and evidence; and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed basic law enforcement training and maintain certification as a law enforcement officer from the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy or have the ability to do so. (preference will be given to current certified officers)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid S.C. driver's license without record of suspension or revocation in any state; must have the ability to meet the department's physical standards; and must not have any felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history within the past seven years.
Town of Springdale is an EOE