Lexington County Electronics Waste Recycling & Paper Shredding Event - August
Lexington County residents will have the opportunity to recycle electronics and shred paper documents on Saturday, August 27, 2016, at the Gilbert Elementary School from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
This event is being hosted by the County of Lexington Solid Waste Management Department and Keep the Midlands Beautiful.
When: Saturday, August 27, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Where: 314 Main Street, Gilbert (Gilbert Elementary School parking lot)
The following Electronics will be accepted for recycling from Lexington County residents only:
• Computers (laptops, monitors, CPU’s, keyboards)
• Printers / Copiers / scanners
• VCR and DVD Players
• Fax Machines
• Cell Phones / Telephone Systems
• Household electronics including stereo’s, Radio’s, PDA’s and Electronic Game Systems
Paper Shredding will be performed on site. Residents will be limited to 5 boxes or bags.
* Electronic Waste (computers/monitors, printers/copiers, TVs, cell phones) must be recycled and not placed in the garbage in accordance with the SC Code of Law, 48-60-05 et seq. Residents should keep electronics intact for the purpose of recycling. Electronic waste must have been generated from a residence within Lexington County for this event; commercial waste will not be accepted. Please, no refrigeration units of any kind.
For more information and future recycling dates, please visit the Lexington County Solid Waste Management website at www.lex-co.sc.gov/solidwaste or contact us at (803) 785-3340.
Posted on Tue, August 9, 2016